Monday, November 26, 2007

You Tube Experience

I've seen videos from You Tube that my nephews have shown me. They even post some out there to share with others. Today was my first solo trip to You Tube. I created an account. My user name is bookworm20770. I liked the Mental Lapse video called Happy Thanksgiving stop motion video. A man is decorating for Thanksgiving and finds that one of the paper turkeys he wants to display has its head torn off. While he leaves the room to go get some tape, the six paper turkeys come to life. The turkey without its head falls off the countertop and the other five turkeys eat the pumpkin pie left on the counter. When the man returns, he sees the mess and assumes that his poor cat did it! Cute stop motion.



You Tube can be very helpful for librarians and archivists. Some of the postings are serious, showing historical film clips and news clips. By using the search function, interesting things can be found. There's also a lot of silly and disgusting entries too. Like anything else, it's a tool that could be helpful for research and information.

No comments: